Junior Golf Program
Welcome Parents and Junior Golfers!
The Columbia Valley Golf Association is proud to build on the junior golf experience that began in 2014.
2017 Junior Golf Program Registrations are now open. Scroll down to learn how!
The program is open to all school aged children under the age of 13 with a maximum of 40 participants.
The Junior Golf Tour aims to:
- introduce the game of golf
- build golf skills
- instill golf etiquette and rules
- encourage self discovery
- create new friendships
What is the Program?
It’s all about developing golfers & skills are a big part of being comfortable with the game, so this year we’ve changed things up!
- Build Your Skills instructional sessions: April 19 & 26, 2017, start time 3:30 pm at Windermere Valley
- Junior golfers will be put into groups based on skill and receive instruction to help develop their golf game
- Get Out & Golf! May 3, 10, 17 & 24, 2017, start time 3:45 pm at Creekside in Fairmont Hot Springs
- Junior golfers will be grouped by skill level and go out on the course to play some golf with a coach to help them along the way. Junior golfers will play up to 9 holes each week.
Participants are encouraged to golf every week, but weekly attendance is not mandatory – although registration for the Build Your Skills sessions is.
What if I am not a golfer and we don’t have equipment? that shouldn’t be a problem. We’ve got some NEW equipment will be made available at each event (simply indicate equipment needed on your registration form). We encourage non-golfers to attend the Build Your Skills sessions so that they’ll be more game ready in May.
What does it cost?
- $20/child for 2 Build Your Skills instructional sessions (April 19 & 26, 2017 at Windermere Valley)
- $5/child for each drop in week of after school golf at Creekside in Fairmont (May 3, 10, 17 & 24, 2017)
What should Tour participants expect? a fun (up to) 9 hole round of golf with like minded and aged Columbia Valley residents. After each event there will be a small gathering in the clubhouse – be sure to drop in before you go!
Wrap up event: Join us after golf on May 24, 2017 for a meal and certificate ceremony.
What should parents expect? an opportunity for their child(ren) to play golf in a fun environment. Some supervision is required, we would request any possible parent supervision. A time commitment of up to 2 hours a week.
Please remember to bring your golf supplies (towel, tees, balls, felt marker, etc).
What else should we know?
- Dress weather appropriately; event will go rain or shine (unless overly inclement), all Tour participants and supervisors will be walking on the course
- Some form of golf attire is acceptable. Tank tops, short shorts swimwear, t-shirts, and denim are not considered appropriate attire and should not be worn during the Tour
- Running shoes are considered acceptable footwear – golf shoes are not required
- Tour participants will play up to 9 holes (age dependent)
- Golf etiquette should be observed – information will be supplied
- Please arrive at least 3o minutes before the tee time in order to be fitted with clubs, warmed up and ready to go
- Each NEW participant will receive a tee gift
Registration for 2017 now open!
Please email Michael Midyette and/or Scott Lawlor at wvgolfshop [at] shaw.ca.
In your email, indicate: availability of golf clubs (right or left), age of child, and, a parents name and contact number.
Thank you to our supporters!